COLUMBIA, TN – Columbia Main Street is pleased to announce that the Columbia Farmers’ Fresh Market will open for business on Saturday, June 2. The market is a collaborative effort between Columbia Main Street, the City of Columbia, and area farmers and hand-crafters.
The market will run weekly from 7 a.m. to Noon Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday through the month of October. It is located at Riverwalk Park on East 5th Street / Riverside Drive, at the newly constructed market pavilion.
The core of the farmers market is local growers who bring fresh food from around Maury County. There will also be several local artisan and handcraft vendors.
The market season attracted thousands last year to its spot at Public Square. It’s too early to gauge how many people will come out this year, market officials said, but, with a new pavilion complete with amenities like ceiling fans, lighting, and nearby restrooms, it is estimated there will be more customers than before.
You can check the market out on Facebook by searching for Columbia Farmers Fresh Market.
2012 Columbia Farmers’ Fresh Market Members, registered to date, are:
• Pantall Farm, Columbia: vegetables, fruits, and melons
• Elmer Lusk, Columbia: vegetables, fruits and eggs
• Don Lockhart, Columbia: honey and tomatoes
• Bratton Farms, Williamsport: vegetables, fruits, and melons
• Mike Redding, Culleoka: plants and flowers
• Cool Breezes Farm, Culleoka: eggs and vegetables
• Old Mill Bakery, Culleoka: fried pies, sweet breads, cinnamon rolls, teas, and jams & jellies
• Tom & Suzanne Croft, Columbia: vegetables and herbs
• Bobby Johnson, Columbia: hand-crafted candles
• Betty Taylor, Williamsport: honey, hand-crafted candles, garlic and herbs
• Tiny Rare Treasures and Gifts, Culleoka: hand-crafted jewelry, quilts, tatting and turned pins
• John Peach, Spring Hill: vegetables
• Andy Harris, Columbia: vegetables, fruits and melons
• James Spires, Culleoka: vegetables, fruits and melons
• Avery Harris, Culleoka: vegetables, melons, and flowers
• Clyde Harris, Culleoka: vegetables and fruits
• Carolyn Cox, Columbia: lavender
For more information about the Columbia Farmers’ Fresh Market, contact: Columbia Main Street at (931) 388-3647, or, firstname.lastname@example.org